Retail Sales Prediction Demo
Updated: Jul 30, 2020
***Update- we have upgraded our tech and the instructions for this demo have been altered to reflect the launch of Testnet***
Sitting in your company’s historical data are patterns that can predict your next top seller, identify which district you need to canvas in order to win your election, or which routes are being overfished and are in danger of collapse. Identifying these patterns, with hundreds of variables, and millions of data points, is too complex for the human mind. Tasks of this complexity require machine learning.
GNY was created to give any developer access to a powerful machine learning platform to answer custom designed questions with code they build, or to simply use one of our pre-designed “plug-and-play” tools for common data-driven questions. Questions like: what will my top sales items be tomorrow?
This demo previews, and lets users test, an example of our plug-and-play machine learning contract. You are invited to run the program yourself, and test our predictions against actual data with free demo tokens we will provide you.
This demo uses real data from a top US retailer. It represents a selection of retail sales from June 15th-July 16th 2019, and includes over 100,000 lines of data. We provide the download link for both the “Historical Data” as well as the actual data from June 17th sales – which the contract aims to predict.
Running this demo will also preview how using GNY will cost users tokens. There will never be a monthly contract for using GNY, you only may for what you use. For the demo we are providing you 15,000 free demo tokens that are unrelated to the tokens on the exchange and hold no real value.
Warning: it will take approximately 1 hour to upload the data set to the blockchain, but maybe it is worth it to test the world’s first decentralized machine learning system. 🙂
We hope so. Let us know how you find the test interface and process in the comments on on Telegram!
Steps to run the GNY Retail Prediction Demo:
- Download Historical Sales Data file, as well as the July 17th Sales Data file.
- Go to (Faucet.GNY.io) and Generate new Account (including passphrase and address) to access free GNY Tokens specific for this demo. Copy the pass phrase and take that to the GNY Wallet (https://wallet.gny.io/).
- At the GNY Wallet and enter your pass phrase to get 15,000 free GNY tokens to run the demo.
- There will be a display of token balance
- Click through to the Machine Learning tab select “uploadData” from the drop down arrow then upload the historical sales data set to GNY blockchain on our server (This may take up to 1 Hour). You will not be able to activate the Get Prediction function until the data set is fully loaded
- Once the data upload is complete you will be able to click the Get Prediction button and run the machine learning contract. The prediction will load directly into the wallet.
- Compare our predicted top sales items with the actual top sales items to predicted.